The Benefits of Quality LED
‘Energy-efficient, low-maintenance and long-life’
What is LED lighting?
Light-emitting diodes (LED) are highly efficient and durable alternatives to incandescent bulbs, strip lighting, down lighting or flood lighting
New generation LED lights generate three to five times more light than conventional lamps. They also reach full brightness almost instantly, unlike compact fluorescent lamps, which take more than a minute to reach maximum output.
The widely acknowledged benefits of LED lighting are now visibly rooted within the industry as follows:
- Quick-win energy savings - Installing LED lighting systems is one of the simplest and quickest ways to reduce your energy use and costs, with relatively low capital outlay and fast capital payback. Lamps can be fitted quickly and the savings you enjoy begin immediately.
- Energy efficiency and carbon reduction
LED lighting systems are up to 80% more energy efficient than conventional incandescent bulbs and produce half as much carbon dioxide.
- Long life, minimal maintenance - LED lamps have an average service life of up to 50,000 hours. That compares with an average life of 1,500 hours for a conventional incandescent bulb, 12,000 hours for fluorescent tubes and 9,000 hours for metal halide hi-bay lamps. That means LED lamps offer a greatly extended replacement lifecycle, making them ideal for difficult-to-access locations. They are also highly durable and robust, and require minimal maintenance - delivering further long-term cost savings.
- Minimal heat generation - LED lamps generate very little heat, reducing the requirement for air conditioning and making them ideal for cold storage or cold production areas.
- Dimming and controlling LED lamps and luminaires has been a problem for customers, electricians and the industry as a whole. With over 20 years experience our in-house dimming and controls manager provides Green Route with the necessary skills to overcome this troublesome issue. With relationships with the leading manufactures and suppliers of dimming and control technology we are able to provide a solution that works seamlessly with our LED lamps and luminaires.
Complete lighting installation services from Greenroute
Greenroute will carry out a full lighting energy audit to determine your current energy usage and carbon emissions, and to identify where replacement lamps will deliver optimum energy and carbon savings. We produce an outline installation programme and, if required, specialist engineers to carry out the installation. We'll also dispose of all your old lamps, bulbs and fittings in accordance with Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive regulations.
To find out more about the benefits of LED lighting and to obtain a no-obligation site survey, audit and quote, contact Greenroute today.